We love to take a classic and put an allergen-friendly Mother Butter spin on it! With Easter around the corner, it was time to take on Reese’s eggs. Mother Butter eggs are nut-free and vegan with only 5 simple ingredients. They are lightly sweetened with a bit of maple syrup, and coconut flour not only keeps these gluten-free but also gives the inside of the egg the right texture. This is a candy you can feel good about eating and sharing with the kids!
Make a few extra to store in the freezer - you’ll want to have them on hand regardless of season.
Equipment: two small bowls, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula, spoon or fork, parchment paper, plate or baking sheet
Ingredients: makes around 8-10 small eggs
- ⅔ c Mother Butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ c semisweet dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In one small bowl, mix together Mother Butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, and salt.
- Shape around 1-2 tablespoons of dough into egg shapes. Place on parchment lined plate or baking sheet.
- Chill eggs in the freezer to firm up for around 30 minutes.When eggs are set, they can be dipped.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a small bowl in the microwave in 20 second increments.
- Using a fork or spoon, lower each egg one at a time into chocolate and flip to coat.
- Put eggs back on the parchment lined plate or sheet.
- Store in the freezer in a sealed container once set.
- If the dough feels loose, add another teaspoon of coconut flour and stir to combine before adding any more. It absorbs fast!
- Coconut flour is great for absorbing moisture, and it is difficult to swap.
- Dip the eggs in milk or white chocolate instead of dark.
- Honey can be used in place of maple syrup.
About The Author: Olivia Portelli