It’s that time of year again: BACK TO SCHOOL! If you’re a parent who is looking for simple but fun ways to keep your kiddo nourished, this series of MB recipes is for you. We’ve put together Mother Butter snacks that are low stress, no mess, and even interactive to make you and your little ones feel ready to pack those lunchboxes.
Nothing beats a classic chocolate chip cookie–except this one made with Mother Butter! They may be gluten free and a bit lower in sugar, but you’ll never know the difference from the classics. MB mixed with additional coconut sugar makes a caramel-y, chewy base that adds some nutritional bang for your dessert buck while keeping these nut free and dairy free for lunchbox packing this year. A bit of oat flour holds it all together, keeping them gluten free. Whip up a quick batch of these cookies (no mixer required!) and have some midday joy on hand. We know you need it.
Equipment: Medium bowl, small bowl or cup, measuring cups, measuring spoons, baking sheet, optional ice cream scoop
Ingredients: makes about 10 cookies, depending on size
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix Mother Butter and sugar together.
- Use the small bowl to whisk together the egg and vanilla extract, then add to MB and sugar mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chunks last.
- Scoop dough onto the lined or sprayed baking tray using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon (cookie can be about 2.5 tablespoons). Press the dough down to a flatter shape, as they will not spread out much like other cookie recipes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown on the bottoms.
- Any chocolate in your pantry can be used here. A chopped bar of baking chocolate, chocolate chips, milk or white- it all works. Dark chocolate chunks were used here because they melt into little puddles!
- Brown sugar can be used in place of coconut sugar.
Leave a comment