This savory, crunchy snack mix is bound to be your new go-to for any salty cravings. The good news is trusty Mother Butter helps the seasonings stick, so there is no butter or margarine needed like in most mixes! The recipe is easily customizable to fit what dry ingredients you have on hand. Use whatever plain cereal you have on hand, add cheese crackers or chickpeas (see Tips), make it gluten-free with your preferred pretzel. There aren’t too many rules here, except that you may want to double the recipe - it will go quickly!
Equipment: parchment paper, 9x13 baking sheet, large mixing bowl, small bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula
Ingredients: makes around 6 cups
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add cereal, pretzels, and pumpkin seeds.
- Add Mother Butter to a small bowl. Microwave for 15-25 seconds to warm.
- Pour Mother Butter and olive oil over the dry ingredients. Add seasonings and stir to coat.
- Spread the mix onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir, then bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To make the mix fully gluten-free, use gluten-free pretzels or crackers.
- Sunflower seeds will work in place of pumpkin seeds.
- Crispy chickpeas (store bought or homemade) or cheese crackers tossed with some ranch seasoning can be stirred in after baking for extra crunch.
- Use any plain cereal you have on hand instead of the rice cereal.
About The Author: Olivia Portelli