Fudge: it’s typically something we see on the boardwalk and never attempt at home, either because of the tons of added sugar or the techniques involved. Traditional fudge is made with butter, sugar, and cooked to a very specific temperature on the stovetop … no thank you! This one-pot, dairy free pumpkin spice Mother Butter fudge that sets up in the freezer will be a game changer for when you want something sweet, but nourishing this fall. Think of this freezer fudge as your 5 minute, gluten free pumpkin pie.
Equipment: small pot, whisk, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula, loaf pan, parchment, freezer or refrigerator
Ingredients: makes 1 loaf pan, cut into desired size pieces
- Lightly mist the loaf pan with pan spray and line with parchment. The pan spray will hold the paper in place when spreading the fudge mixture.
- Measure all ingredients except for optional toppings into a small pot.
- Whisk together over low heat until everything is melted and combined smoothly.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle toppings over the surface, if using.
- Freeze at least 1 hour before cutting.
- After cutting, store in the freezer wrapped with plastic wrap or in a sealed container.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator, but it will be softer. Pull out of the freezer about 2-3 min before eating for best texture.
- Chocolate Mother Butter can be swapped for original- pumpkin and chocolate is delicious!
- Honey can be used instead of maple syrup.
Ware, Megan, RDN, L.D. “What are the health benefits of pumpkins?” Medical News Today. (2017).
“Vitamins and Minerals” Harvard T.H. Chan. (2022).
“Vitamin A” Harvard T.H. Chan. (2022).