This powerhouse smoothie is full of all the things you need to take charge of your day: coffee, chocolate, Mother Butter and a vegetable - all in one cup, and it tastes like a milkshake!
Cauliflower is in everything now, including smoothies. And for good reason, as you will have no clue it’s there while reaping the nutrition benefits. The bold flavors of chocolate and coffee overpower any possible veggie-ness, and it gives the smoothie a thick and frosty texture. It’s naturally sweet from dates and banana, and protein and fiber-full from Mother Butter and protein powder.
Put that cup of coffee that went cold to good use (mamas, if you know, you know) and keep on keepin’ on!
Equipment: high speed blender, measuring cups, measuring spoon
Ingredients: makes 1 smoothie
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with cinnamon (optional) and enjoy!
- Original Mother Butter can be used instead of chocolate. The chocolate protein powder will keep the mocha flavor, but cocoa powder (up to 1 Tbsp) can be added to make it stronger.
- Any protein powder you enjoy should work (vanilla or unflavored protein/collagen is good here too!).
- If the dates feel stiff or too hard to blend: Cut in half, put in a small dish and cover with hot water. Drain the water when they have softened and blend away!
- This smoothie can be a sweet dessert/evening treat if you use decaf coffee.
About The Author: Olivia Portelli