5 ingredients and 5 minutes - that’s all you’ll need to mix up the perfect midday healthy treat! These are inspired by the classic sandwich flavor combination. Mother Butter and freeze-dried strawberries create a nut-free butter and jelly taste that feels both nostalgic and satisfying. Pack them in lunchboxes for a fun, nutrient dense and school-safe sweet or keep in your bag to prevent afternoon hanger between lunch and dinner.
Equipment: small mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, food processor (optional)
Ingredients: makes 14 tablespoon-sized balls
- To crush strawberries, put in the food processor and pulse to get small pieces. Don’t overblend into powder! Measure after crushing.
- Mix oats, strawberries, and flaxseed in a bowl.
- Add Mother Butter and maple syrup. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Use a tablespoon or small scoop to roll into balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for 7-9 days.
- Swap freeze-dried raspberries or blueberries for a different “jelly” type. Freeze-dried apples would also be great!
- Chocolate MB can be used for a chocolate covered strawberry flavor.
- Honey will work in place of maple syrup.
- Check out another MB energy bite recipe here!
About The Author: Olivia Portelli