5 ingredients and 5 minutes - that’s all you’ll need to mix up the perfect midday healthy treat! These are inspired by the classic sandwich flavor combination. Mother Butter and freeze-dried strawberries create a nut-free butter and jelly taste that feels both nostalgic and satisfying. Pack them in lunchboxes for a fun, nutrient dense and school-safe sweet or keep in your bag to prevent afternoon hanger between lunch and dinner.
Equipment: small mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, food processor (optional)
Ingredients: makes 14 tablespoon-sized balls
- To crush strawberries, put in the food processor and pulse to get small pieces. Don’t overblend into powder! Measure after crushing.
- Mix oats, strawberries, and flaxseed in a bowl.
- Add Mother Butter and maple syrup. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Use a tablespoon or small scoop to roll into balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for 7-9 days.
- Swap freeze-dried raspberries or blueberries for a different “jelly” type. Freeze-dried apples would also be great!
- Chocolate MB can be used for a chocolate covered strawberry flavor.
- Honey will work in place of maple syrup.
- Check out another MB energy bite recipe here!
About The Author: Olivia Portelli
Olivia is a Certified Master Level Nutrition Consultant through American Fitness Professionals & Associates. A graduate of the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College and former Philadelphia pastry chef for Starr Restaurant Group, she decided to help people with health and wellness after spending a decade working in professional kitchens preventing her own burnout through lifestyle, nutrition and movement. She is passionate about the fact that healthy food can taste great and loves to blend her cooking and nutrition knowledge!
Leave a comment