These no-fuss jam crumble bars are a great breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert! With a short list of wholesome ingredients, this recipe comes together in one bowl with no fancy equipment required, and is simple enough to mix up with kids. They’re gluten-free, nut-free, and even egg-free thanks to Mother Butter as the nutritious binder for the dough. Pair with yogurt for a spin on a parfait or a la mode with a scoop of ice cream.
Equipment: parchment paper, 8x8 square baking pan, small mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula
Ingredients: makes 9 bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, oat flour, baking powder, salt, milk, Mother Butter, and maple syrup until it forms a dough.
- Set aside around ¾ c of the dough for the topping. Press the rest of the dough into the lined pan evenly to form the bottom crust.
- Spread the jam over the base evenly.
- Crumble the reserved dough in small pieces over the jam.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until set. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 9 pieces or desired size and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Use any flavor of jam you like: raspberry, blueberry, fig, or apricot would also be great.
- Honey can be swapped for maple syrup.
- To make oat flour from rolled oats, simply blend oats in a high speed blender or food processor until finely milled. Measure after grinding.
About The Author: Olivia Portelli
Olivia is a Certified Master Level Nutrition Consultant through American Fitness Professionals & Associates. A graduate of the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College and former Philadelphia pastry chef for Starr Restaurant Group, she decided to help people with health and wellness after spending a decade working in professional kitchens preventing her own burnout through lifestyle, nutrition and movement. She is passionate about the fact that healthy food can taste great and loves to blend her cooking and nutrition knowledge!
Leave a comment