These no-fuss jam crumble bars are a great breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert! With a short list of wholesome ingredients, this recipe comes together in one bowl with no fancy equipment required, and is simple enough to mix up with kids. They’re gluten-free, nut-free, and even egg-free thanks to Mother Butter as the nutritious binder for the dough. Pair with yogurt for a spin on a parfait or a la mode with a scoop of ice cream.
Equipment: parchment paper, 8x8 square baking pan, small mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula
Ingredients: makes 9 bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, oat flour, baking powder, salt, milk, Mother Butter, and maple syrup until it forms a dough.
- Set aside around ¾ c of the dough for the topping. Press the rest of the dough into the lined pan evenly to form the bottom crust.
- Spread the jam over the base evenly.
- Crumble the reserved dough in small pieces over the jam.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until set. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 9 pieces or desired size and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Use any flavor of jam you like: raspberry, blueberry, fig, or apricot would also be great.
- Honey can be swapped for maple syrup.
- To make oat flour from rolled oats, simply blend oats in a high speed blender or food processor until finely milled. Measure after grinding.
About The Author: Olivia Portelli