Chai lattes really hit the spot on these colder days! A comforting spice blend, tea and foamed milk can feel so cozy. Keep it quick and simple by making this at home, using tea bags instead of measuring out a laundry list of spices and loose tea to boil your own chai concentrate. This also makes it easy to control the sweetness level, too. Mother Butter makes this latte frothy and nourishing, and you can keep the nut free vibe going by using any milk you prefer. You’ll only need 5 or so minutes to blend this one up- you’ll be back to the comfy spot on the couch ASAP, and your wallet and body will thank you, too. Cheers!
Equipment: Liquid measuring cup, measuring spoons, small pot (if not using microwave), blender
- Prepare preferred chai tea blend according to package instructions. Use 2 tea bags for an extra strong chai flavor. Set aside.
- When tea is finished brewing, add milk of choice, Mother Butter, and maple syrup to a microwave-safe measuring cup or small pot if using the stovetop. Heat the mixture until warm. It’s okay if the Mother Butter doesn’t fully dissolve! It will do so in the blender.
- Add brewed chai tea and MB milk to the blender. Blend until combined and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and dust with ground cinnamon.
- Honey or any other sweetener of choice can be used.
- Use a decaffeinated chai tea to have as a nightcap!
- Add a shot of espresso or some brewed coffee and a bit more milk to make it a “dirty chai”.
- This can be made iced. Blend everything without heating after cooling down the brewed tea, and pour over ice (this may just take an extra moment in the blender to combine!).