These are the most decadent, fudgy brownie bites around! You’ll need just 6 ingredients and around 20 minutes to put these delicious little treats together.
Mother Butter and pumpkin puree play key roles in this recipe, replacing the need for oil, eggs, or butter while both contributing major vitamins and minerals (win!). They both also keep the texture rich and add sweetness. Free of the top 8 allergens, these brownie bites are the perfect pre-portioned school lunch dessert. Keep in the fridge for when a chocolate craving strikes!
Equipment: mini muffin tin, medium bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, whisk or mixing spoon, non-stick pan spray
Ingredients: makes 12 mini brownie bites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together in a bowl until smooth.
- Lightly mist the mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. Fill each cavity with the batter (a heaping tablespoon or enough to fill the cup 90% of the way)
- Top each mini muffin cup with a few chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Check the canned pumpkin before using to ensure it is just puree, not pie filling!
- Canned/cooked and mashed butternut squash or sweet potato puree can be used instead of the pumpkin puree.
- This recipe can be baked in full size muffin cups. It can also be doubled and baked in an 8x8 square pan to make traditional, square brownies. Bake time will vary.
About The Author: Olivia Portelli