It goes without saying that licking the spoon is the best part of whipping up brownies from boxed mix. It also goes without saying that, well… doing so isn’t really recommended (but we don’t need to get into that).
Swap the box for this dip and those reasons fly out the window. All you’ll need to do is blend chickpeas with rich chocolate Mother Butter, maple syrup and cocoa. In a matter of minutes, you’ll have a bowl full of sweet, nutrient-dense, gluten-free and egg-free “batter” that would be equally great at a party or school lunchtime. This recipe is seriously magic!
Equipment: high speed blender or food processor, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula
- Add all ingredients except ice cubes to the blender or food processor.
- Blend until mostly incorporated. The sides of the blender/processor bowl will need to be scraped a few times.
- Once everything is mostly blended, add an ice cube and blend again. This will not water anything down, but help it become whipped and smooth! Repeat if the dip is not blending smoothly.
- Scoop into a bowl, top with mini chocolate chips and serve with fruit, shortbread cookies, or pretzels.
- Regular Mother Butter can be used instead of chocolate. Add an extra teaspoon or two of cocoa powder to the recipe if swapping.
- Extra milk can be added to thin if you feel the dip is too thick, but add a few drops at a time! You can always add more, but you can’t remove it if it gets too loose.
About The Author: Olivia Portelli