Who doesn’t love birthday cake? While it’s not something we eat on a regular basis, the flavor itself is still comforting. That’s where these birthday cake bars come in: the taste and festiveness of funfetti, without the refined sugar. Mother Butter and tahini add nutrients while keeping the bars egg-free (and they’re gluten-free, too!). Pack them in a lunchbox for a fun weekday treat, or even top with a cream cheese frosting for an allergen-free birthday party cake that everyone can enjoy!
Equipment: parchment paper, 8x8 square baking pan, small mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula
Ingredients: makes 9 bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Mother Butter, tahini, applesauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add oat flour, baking powder, and sprinkles.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan. Top the batter with additional sprinkles as desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until set. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 9 pieces or desired size and store in a sealed container at room temperature or refrigerated.
- Brown sugar can be swapped for coconut sugar.
- Double the recipe, bake in a 9x13 baking pan and freeze half for another time!
About The Author: Olivia Portelli