Who doesn’t love birthday cake? While it’s not something we eat on a regular basis, the flavor itself is still comforting. That’s where these birthday cake bars come in: the taste and festiveness of funfetti, without the refined sugar. Mother Butter and tahini add nutrients while keeping the bars egg-free (and they’re gluten-free, too!). Pack them in a lunchbox for a fun weekday treat, or even top with a cream cheese frosting for an allergen-free birthday party cake that everyone can enjoy!
Equipment: parchment paper, 8x8 square baking pan, small mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula
Ingredients: makes 9 bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Mother Butter, tahini, applesauce, coconut sugar, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add oat flour, baking powder, and sprinkles.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan. Top the batter with additional sprinkles as desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until set. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 9 pieces or desired size and store in a sealed container at room temperature or refrigerated.
- Brown sugar can be swapped for coconut sugar.
- Double the recipe, bake in a 9x13 baking pan and freeze half for another time!
About The Author: Olivia Portelli
Olivia is a Certified Master Level Nutrition Consultant through American Fitness Professionals & Associates. A graduate of the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College and former Philadelphia pastry chef for Starr Restaurant Group, she decided to help people with health and wellness after spending a decade working in professional kitchens preventing her own burnout through lifestyle, nutrition and movement. She is passionate about the fact that healthy food can taste great and loves to blend her cooking and nutrition knowledge!
Leave a comment