Everyone knows and loves the ever-present blossom cookie around this time of year. However, with peanut butter as the typical base, it’s not the most allergy-friendly sweet. Try this gluten free, nut free twist instead! Salty-sweet Mother Butter is a seamless swap for PB in this holiday favorite. They come out chewy and delicious, take just 15 minutes to make, and can be made in advance. Put together a batch of these Mother Butter blossoms to have for your celebration so everyone can have a treat from the cookie tray this year.
Equipment: medium mixing bowl, small bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, spatula, cookie scoop or spoon, baking sheets, parchment paper
Ingredients: makes 16 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the medium bowl, mix Mother Butter, salt and sugar until fully combined.
- Whisk the egg in the small bowl. Add to Mother Butter sugar mixture along with the baking soda.
- Stir together until smooth.
- Scoop and shape dough into 1 tablespoon balls. Space out on the baking sheets - these will spread!
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until almost set. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the Kisses candy so they are ready to put on the cookies.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a Hershey kiss into the center.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container.
- Speed is important when putting the chocolate on the warm cookies. Work quickly! If the cookies start to cool and it becomes difficult to press the kiss candy in, place the sheet back in the oven for 10 seconds or so to soften the cookies. The chocolate may melt a bit, but it will cool and firm back up.
- Larger chocolate chunks can be used in place of the Hershey’s kiss to make these fully dairy free.