Say hello to your new afternoon snack solution: oatmeal cookie dough inspired energy bites. Easily vegan (no raw egg dough here) and gluten free, they pack fiber, protein, and healthy fats into a balanced and portable goodie that tastes like a cookie without waiting for the oven to preheat. Mother Butter and a little bit of extra flax are the perfect binders for these bites to keep them chock full of omega-3s while staying nut free, making this a great option for lunchboxes and offices alike. The mix is customizable, so make them full of what you love!
Equipment: measuring cups, measuring spoons, small bowl, spoon
Ingredients: makes about 6 small balls, depending on size
- ⅔ c rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ c + 2 tbsp Mother Butter
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients aside from chocolate chips in a bowl until a stiff dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into small energy balls by hand.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- These are gluten free as long as the rolled oats are–double check your package.
- Chocolate chips can be swapped for dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped dates.
- To make these vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.