We’ve turned to the September page of the calendar and everything around us has turned to pumpkins (Cinderella, anyone?). It’s natural to get the desire for all things pumpkin and spice, but the weather hasn’t quite caught up to that mindset yet. Warm days are still calling for cold drinks, and pumpkin cream or cold foam is popular for this reason! However, getting one at a coffee shop can come with some unwanted extras like added sugars and dairy, if you’re intolerant. This Mother Butter pumpkin cream iced coffee is a much simpler option! Mother Butter and coconut milk blended with real pumpkin and just a bit of maple and spice make a creamy, sweet, healthier coffee topper- for a fraction of the sugar, calories, and price. Stay cool, caffeinated, and nourished with that daily Mother Butter scoop in coffee form!
Equipment: blender, measuring cups, measuring spoons
Ingredients: makes 1 serving, or 2 smaller servings
- Pour coffee over ice in a large glass.
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, Mother Butter, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice to a blender.
- Blend until combined and thick.
- Pour over iced coffee, top with another shake of pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy!
- Be sure to purchase and use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix! Pumpkin pie mix is already seasoned and sweetened, and you’ll want to use plain pumpkin puree here.
- No pumpkin pie spice? You may already have some or all of the components in your spice cabinet: cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg (all ground). Add in a pinch of each, or even simply cinnamon.
- If you don’t use all of the pumpkin MB mix, it can be stored in the refrigerator for the next day’s coffee.
- If you don’t love coconut, use whatever milk you enjoy! Other milks will work, but the mixture will be thinner.
- Honey or your preferred sweetener can be used instead of maple syrup. Liquid ones blend easiest, but brown sugar or coconut sugar can blend in too!
- The extra coconut milk can be used in other recipes, like our MB popsicles (LINK HERE) - see that page for other coconut milk uses!