We recently had guests who are on a keto diet which is centered around high fats, adequate protein and low carbs. I wanted to make them Mother Butter oatmeal for breakfast but needed an alternative to serving oats. I discovered this recipe for “oatless oatmeal” and regardless of your feelings toward oats, this is a power-packed breakfast that’ll start you off on the right foot. You'll want to bookmark this one …
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 2 cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 cup Manitoba Harvest raw, shelled hemp hearts
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T flaxseed meal
- 4 T raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 T Mother Butter
- 1 sliced peach
- ¼ cup Purely Elizabeth grain free granola
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the almond milk, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, honey, and salt in a pot.
- Stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low. Let the oatmeal simmer until it thickens (approximately 4 minutes) while making sure to stir constantly to prevent the mix from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Divide the hemp seed oatmeal evenly into two bowls and then top with your Mother Butter, sliced peaches and granola. Girl, you’ve done good.